Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Benjamin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:29:56 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Delta Engine Private Beta Preview v0.8.6 has just been released. It does not feature much as we are in the middle of creating more samples, tutorials and useful tests for v0.9.0, but you can already do a lot of coding (and soon content uploads) plus test all the tutorials, samples and unit tests.

Feedback is appreciated, please go to the specific forum (e.g. UI, Content, etc.) to ask your questions. Thanks.

For all the invited people: Happy coding with v0.8.6

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline tsuyo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:58:27 PM(UTC)
tsuyo

Thank you very much, I'll test it out after work :)
Offline modular  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:50:33 PM(UTC)
modular

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for this release MobileBits, I tested it and it worked great (as is in beta state). I am looking forward to next releases.
Offline Benjamin  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 5:14:06 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Thanks for the feedback, we have received quite a lot of bug reports and are going to release a patch (v0.8.6.1) today (very soon). Stay tuned.
Offline kreedelta  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 9:35:56 PM(UTC)
kreedelta

Thanks alot for new release. Amazing job with bug fixing. Keep it up. It almost perfect now!

Edited by user Friday, August 26, 2011 9:43:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Benjamin  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 10:44:17 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Thanks. Remember that we are actually working on a lot of other features (ContentManager to make creating new projects and content more useful, ShaderEditor and more advanced rendering, SceneEditor and UI improvements for easier high level functionality), which will come in the next releases, so there will be less time for support now (this whole week was basically fixing v0.8.6 and db problems because the beta was too big ^^).

Hopefully people can use the sample games and tutorials and try coding something like that until we have a more useful version up in 2 weeks Smile
Offline zato_1one  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 10:45:34 PM(UTC)
zato_1one

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for the update. This new version is more stable. But I still have a weird problem. I don't know what I did wrong here so I need your help again. Huh

1. After updated the engine, I built the solution in debug mode and x86 platform.
2. I started SampleBrowser and executed Blocks game.
3. I still couldn't login at the first try so I spammed the login button until it could login.
4. It told me to choose project. I pressed OK and I got this error log.

Quote:
21.305 Warning: We are not connected to the content server anymore, but are still trying to grab content (have none yet). Will use fallback now, but this is still a bad error, please report it.
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.i16ZwqQy3GGZMV7qNxi(System.Object )
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.FWckseygy(Delta.Utilities.Xml.XmlNode )
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.flJRcbPVK()
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager..ctor()
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.GMPCHpI7AxiVo8aLHRo(System.Type , System.Boolean )
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.dPmL5ZssPl(System.Type , System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.Create()
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.get_Instance()
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.GetAllContentMetaData(Delta.ContentSystem.ContentType contentType)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\ContentSystem\Rendering\ShaderData.cs(56,4): at Delta.ContentSystem.Rendering.ShaderData.Get(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags shaderFlags)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Graphics\Basics\Shader.cs(198,3): at Delta.Graphics.Basics.Shader..ctor(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags setShaderFlags)
at Delta.Graphics.BaseOpenGL.BaseOpenGLShader.axHq6bhMI7U2fgwO79(System.Object , Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags )
at Delta.Graphics.BaseOpenGL.BaseOpenGLShader..ctor(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags setShaderFlags)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Graphics\OpenTK\OpenTKShader.cs(43,3): at Delta.Graphics.OpenTK.OpenTKShader..ctor(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags setShaderFlags)
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.e0xWeDIKZguUlgktUlE(System.Type , System.Reflection.BindingFlags , System.Object , System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.Create(System.Object argument)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Graphics\Basics\Shader.cs(132,4): at Delta.Graphics.Basics.Shader.Create(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags shaderFlags)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Rendering\Basics\Materials\Material2D.cs(46,3): at Delta.Rendering.Basics.Materials.Material2D..ctor(System.String setDiffuseMapName)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Samples\Blocks\Game.cs(98,3): at Blocks.Game..ctor()
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.GMPCHpI7AxiVo8aLHRo(System.Type , System.Boolean )
at Delta.Engine.Application.rcxWTRrFai()
at Delta.Engine.Application.pZod8nTagXfOyT0I6VJ()
at Delta.Engine.Application.Start()
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Samples\Blocks\Program.cs(22,4): at Blocks.Program.Main()

21.398 Warning: Error: Unable to continue application, no content data is available, file not found: Content\ContentMetaData.xml. Either make sure this application has been build by the Delta Engine Launcher or use the online services to connect to the Content Server for dynamic content downloading when developing.
at Delta.Engine.Application.awNuGYTRjwsmmd2QXZR(System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Application.Error(System.String message, System.Object exceptionObject)
at Delta.Engine.Application.Vagi8KTBdnpkLO9obAs(System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Application.Error(System.String message)
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.A2TmT5QEgyQyth1IwLA(System.Object )
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.flJRcbPVK()
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager..ctor()
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.get_Instance()
at Delta.ContentSystem.ContentManager.GetAllContentMetaData(Delta.ContentSystem.ContentType contentType)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\ContentSystem\Rendering\ShaderData.cs(56,4): at Delta.ContentSystem.Rendering.ShaderData.Get(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags shaderFlags)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Graphics\Basics\Shader.cs(198,3): at Delta.Graphics.Basics.Shader..ctor(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags setShaderFlags)
at Delta.Graphics.BaseOpenGL.BaseOpenGLShader.axHq6bhMI7U2fgwO79(System.Object , Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags )
at Delta.Graphics.BaseOpenGL.BaseOpenGLShader..ctor(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags setShaderFlags)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Graphics\OpenTK\OpenTKShader.cs(43,3): at Delta.Graphics.OpenTK.OpenTKShader..ctor(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags setShaderFlags)
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.e0xWeDIKZguUlgktUlE(System.Type , System.Reflection.BindingFlags , System.Object , System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.Create(System.Object argument)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Graphics\Basics\Shader.cs(132,4): at Delta.Graphics.Basics.Shader.Create(Delta.Utilities.Graphics.ShaderFeatures.ShaderFeatureFlags shaderFlags)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Rendering\Basics\Materials\Material2D.cs(46,3): at Delta.Rendering.Basics.Materials.Material2D..ctor(System.String setDiffuseMapName)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Samples\Blocks\Game.cs(98,3): at Blocks.Game..ctor()
at Delta.Engine.Application.rcxWTRrFai()
at Delta.Engine.Application.pZod8nTagXfOyT0I6VJ()
at Delta.Engine.Application.Start()
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\Samples\Blocks\Program.cs(22,4): at Blocks.Program.Main()

5. I tried to execute Blocks game again and somehow it worked!
6. The problem was that I needed to login again for other projects (even if I ticked it to remember) and received above error log one time. Then for some reasons, the project could be executed without any error after this process.
7. What really weird is that I encountered above error for about 3-4 projects and now it looks like I can execute the project normally. The login screen doesn't appear anymore even if I executes the project for the first time. Confused But this is actually a good news. Smile

By the way, it looks like this is really a bug. When I executed 2D simulation tutorial, I received this error. It looks like it couldn't find the physics implementation.

Quote:
00.014 Warning: Failed to find any implementation for 'Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics' and the type is not createable itself.
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.TypeListManager.llCe6x5c7t9iM8F140L(System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.TypeListManager.GetImplementation(System.Type wantedType)
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.Factory.dOpSxJIXdOWsB4g12WH(System.Object , System.Type wantedType)
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.get_Instance()
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.hylbsO4l3ZjFHe23YJr()
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.set_Gravity(Delta.Utilities.Datatypes.Vector value)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\Tutorials.cs(22,4): at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.Tutorials.Simple2DSimulation()
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.rDjCX11p2ZYbByNJG6F(System.Object , System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.TqaHM5DhPM(System.Object , System.Type , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.TDlpxx1VErYRfQVJkDB(System.Object , System.Type , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.mOqHyVGRBY(System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.fkPSZUiG2ZuHnfHL2Ra(System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.Bi6HfohrPM()

00.023 Warning: Error: The application requires the Physics class but no physics module was found.
at Delta.Engine.Application.awNuGYTRjwsmmd2QXZR(System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Application.Error(System.String message, System.Object exceptionObject)
at Delta.Engine.Application.Vagi8KTBdnpkLO9obAs(System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Application.Error(System.String message)
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.HjalbS4O2mJj1h31gPA(System.Object )
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.get_Instance()
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.hylbsO4l3ZjFHe23YJr()
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.set_Gravity(Delta.Utilities.Datatypes.Vector value)
C:\DeltaEngine\PrivateBeta\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\Tutorials.cs(22,4): at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.Tutorials.Simple2DSimulation()
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.rDjCX11p2ZYbByNJG6F(System.Object , System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.TqaHM5DhPM(System.Object , System.Type , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.TDlpxx1VErYRfQVJkDB(System.Object , System.Type , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.mOqHyVGRBY(System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.fkPSZUiG2ZuHnfHL2Ra(System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.AssemblyHelpers.AssemblyExtractor.Bi6HfohrPM()
Offline Benjamin  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 10:58:31 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Yeah that is really strange that you still have this content server connection issue, that is the reason I added the fallback content (see PrivateBeta wiki page). We will test this more under different conditions in v0.8.7

For the 2D Physics I also have no idea whats wrong because I just re-tested it and it works fine. Maybe I missed something, but as I wrote in the release notes physics is still very much broken, I disabled all the 3d Tutorials for now.
Offline bfox  
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:45:42 PM(UTC)
bfox

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
hello! When Private Beta Preview v0.8.7 released ? Smile September 17th is over alreadyOhMyGod
Russian game developer.
Давайте делать игры в команде. Идет набор.
Offline Cr3dos  
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 7:58:11 PM(UTC)
Cr3dos

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hej bfox

You have to wait until sunday evening. DE need one more day

http://forum.deltaengine...-1-released.aspx#post467
Rss Feed  Atom Feed