Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Teflo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:49:22 PM(UTC)
Teflo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello there!

Yesterday I downloaded DE and had some issues with my account, until I figured out, I had to create a new one on old.deltaengine.net, now the content manager seems to work fine, but:
Everytime I compile a sample, the content manager asks me to download the missing files, and when I press the OK button, I have a blank black screen in my window. But I can here sounds ( for example in Blocks ), and my input is recognized.
Here is my log from Blocks:

And here from AdvencedGameExample ( because there are a few other bus )

I hope, you can help me, and this is helping the engine :D

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline Benjamin  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 11:17:06 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Hi Teflo,

sorry for the delay, we were a bit busy in the new office building chairs and shelves ^^

v0.9.5 is sometimes a bit hard to support because we are working so much on the new features, but from your log the problem seems to be missing content for your Blocks or AdvancedGameExample.

Basically this line "Unable to find shader with flags: UI2D" is saying that there is no shader content available and thus rendering is not going to work (black screen). The reason seems to be that the old "Engine" project was empty. Dunno how this happened, but something probably got messed up when copying the backup back to our new servers in the last few days.

I have recreated all content in the "Engine" project and all other projects should work now normally again :)

If you have further questions, always feel free to ask.
thanks 1 user thanked Benjamin for this useful post.
Teflo on 9/22/2012(UTC)
Offline Teflo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:09:48 PM(UTC)
Teflo

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you!

No worries about the delay, I have other projects in XNA, which I was working on :D

It works now for projects I haven't downloaded the content before, and where the Contentmanager was forced to download it from the servers. But the screen is still black in projects I've downloaded the content before. Is there a way I can force the manager to download the content again?

Also I wanted to say, how amazed I am from the project, I really have fun just reading some code to see how simple the things are! Great work!
thanks 1 user thanked Teflo for this useful post.
Benjamin on 9/22/2012(UTC)
Offline Benjamin  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:24:25 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Just delete the "Content" directory to let it be redownloaded. In the ContentManager you can delete the project directory.

Things are going to be a lot easier in Milestone 1: Pluto (coming soon) ThumpUp
Rss Feed  Atom Feed