Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Benjamin  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 30, 2012 12:24:14 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
The monthly release for January is coming very shortly (probably with the next nightly release). It will focus mostly on the new content format additions and fixes done over the month. We have worked mostly to help the current game teams writing, testing and publishing their games for various platforms this month. Some complex content formats like 3D Models, Image Animations, Fonts, etc. work already internally, but not all the ContentManager editors are ready for them. For v0.9.3 these content formats should work already even without the new Content Editors, but in the upcoming nightly releases they will be added and improved. To make things work in v0.9.3 follow the instructions on the ContentEditor page: http://deltaengine.net/Wiki.ContentEditors.ashx Thanks to all the testers in the Forum for helping to test btw ;)

Originally we also planed to allow the same for public beta testers, starting with Android, then WP7 and then iOS support in the upcoming weeks via the Marketplace (for interested people, there is also a monthly cost associated). However since we have restarted negotiations with Xamarin once again we don't want to provide our internal or alternative solutions, which are a bit ruff anyway. Hopefully stuff gets sorted out quickly and we can provide the full build system to anyone interested.

For this reason v0.9.3 will focus on WP7 and Windows support first (because we don't need any other commercial frameworks to make it work there). The Marketplace will become available in the upcoming week. If you need to test your game or project with Android (or won the contest ^^) and have a Xamarin license (which is currently required until we have a better deal with them figured out), please contact us through the Marketplace site so we can enable you on a case-by-case basis. For iOS support we will probably take a bit longer till the end of February because we are currently focusing everything on Android and WP7 (again, iOS is possible, but we will only support it on a case-by-case basis).

More details will follow on the v0.9.3 release page: http://deltaengine.net/Wiki.v0-9-3.ashx

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline Benjamin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:56:03 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

v0.9.2.17 is now available and features everything for v0.9.3 except some needed build system server side fixes we are still working on. Hopefully there are no more bad client side bugs so v0.9.3 can be released this evening. If you have been following the nightly releases you pretty much already know what is in there, the updated content editors will come next week and then public WP7 support and the marketplace the week after.

http://deltaengine.codep...eControl/list/changesets

Edited by user Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:56:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline shamanu  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 10:35:31 PM(UTC)
shamanu

Is the mentioned time schedule for public WP7 support and marketplace still correct? I’m looking forward to this.
Offline Benjamin  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 2:35:15 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Sorry, not really, we have been working on some content improvements and mostly Android and iOS these days, but I will try to finish WP7 support this week as well and then open up the Marketplace to more people. Very active Forum members (like BFox, PG, etc.) are getting access earlier because they are useful helping to test and track down some nasty bugs :)
Offline zato_1one  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 7:34:12 PM(UTC)
zato_1one

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
when the Marketplace is available, will it include all mobile platform licenses or just WP7 for now?

Edited by user Monday, February 13, 2012 7:35:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Benjamin  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 8:21:02 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

We have already users using Android, iOS is being added next week and WP7 if there is time. It is not a question if we support it, it is a question how well we support it. Currently it is a bit hard to setup some stuff (mostly on iOS, works already much easier on Android) and it will probably take till end of March (v0.9.5) until it is easy enough for everyone.

I am not sure if people are interested in a Android only Marketplace right now (which would require Xamarin) or if we should wait until WP7 works (which should work for anyone on Windows with the WP7 emulator or with WP7 devices). This week I still have tons of bugs to fix (you will see in the upcoming nightly releases, tons of fixes today, same goes for tomorrow, and so on). Next week Marketplace will be extended to more testers.
Offline internetfreak  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 10:09:43 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I hope, under all fixes will be also the fix for the music issue, that I have?
I really have no more plan what to do, so I'm waiting for help from someone who is more advanced as me.

Anyway, I'm looking forward for all the new features that will come.
And, I even use Delta as Engine for presentations in the school (Wednesday, I will start give some impressions about game developing in our programming class at school and of course I will use delta^^)
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Offline lebobbi  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:58:46 PM(UTC)
lebobbi

I already started with DeltaEngine, can't wait for the new releases. =)
Keep on the good work. You're doing great.
Offline Benjamin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:35:06 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Thanks for the kind words BigGrin
Offline elasto  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 5:47:26 PM(UTC)
elasto

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I'm excited by nightly release notes including lines like:
"#7116: Video for v0.9.4 to show how to build and deploy the Blocks sample game on iOS, Android, WP7 with a few easy clicks!"
Looks like the day I've been waiting for since before Beta launched is almost upon us!

I'm wondering if there has been any joy with Xamarin re working out terms for a monthly deal: Is it still looking probable that we are going to have to obtain Xamarin licences to join the marketplace or is a breakthrough with that on the cards?
Offline tst11  
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:19:55 PM(UTC)
tst11

Btw: the video is available on http://deltaengine.net

Sadly we don't have any news on the Xamarin front, which is the main reason for the delay. In either case integrated and external Xamarin licenses are now supported and we are already testing this with selected active forum members.
Benjamin

Offline zato_1one  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:31:53 AM(UTC)
zato_1one

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Test User11 Go to Quoted Post
Btw: the video is available on http://deltaengine.net

Sadly we don't have any news on the Xamarin front, which is the main reason for the delay. In either case integrated and external Xamarin licenses are now supported and we are already testing this with selected active forum members.
Benjamin

Because DE can be used to develop both game and normal app for mobile. Is it possible that Xamarin may consider DE as a potential competitive product in the future and that's why the negotiation is so slow?
Offline Benjamin  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:20:41 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Could be, we don't know either. It might even be the other way around, they don't take us serious. Unity uses Mono, the PS Vita uses Mono, but we are not as big. Miguel really likes what we are doing, but I guess there are more layers of complexity involved here ^^
Offline internetfreak  
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:37:09 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

A little question: When can we expect v0.9.4?
Anyway, I just started to create another project with delta and I think I will show it here in the forum :)
But I'm unsure, if I should start with the actual release or if I should wait till v0.9.4 is out

Offline Benjamin  
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:46:35 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

v0.9.4 is not ready and I did not want to release it with 10+ open bugs. Currently v0.9.3.16 is the current state. v0.9.3.17 will include new tools and hopefully be the last nightly release before v0.9.4.

v0.9.4 should finally come out at the end of this week. It focuses on the new updated content system and has many build features unlocked (but not tested well). For people crazy enough to try it out themselves Marketplace accounts will also be available, anyone else should wait for v0.9.5 when things should be much more optimized and stable.
Offline AaronStackpole  
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:17:47 PM(UTC)
AaronStackpole

Does the content system work again with .17? I was trying to demo my game last night and a bunch of black and white boxes weren't very impressive.
Offline internetfreak  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:36:47 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

For me, the ContentSystem doesn't work properly.
It won't load a new ContentMetaData, which causes a local outdated content folder, but I need my content.
And now, I even have no more font because it seems, that it won't find my font, since my ContentMetaData was changed by me.
I hope, this will be fixed soon, otherwise I won't be able to proceed with my game (my tutorial also needs the content server, otherwise it won't be fully functionable, when I release it, which is bad, if people wants to try it)

Offline Benjamin  
#18 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 5:24:23 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

I am currently testing some new things and the whole texture loading was reworked for v0.9.3.18. As soon as things work stable again v0.9.3.18 will be released and should fix any problems people are currently having.

In case anyone reads this later and still has problems: Delete your local content directory to make sure you get new files. Also you can re-save your Device Settings (e.g. for platform Windows) to force all platform content to be re-generated in case something unsupported was generated in earlier versions.
Offline Benjamin  
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 1:21:08 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

v0.9.3.18 is done and is currently being released. Content issues should all be fixed, but old content (especially buggy content from v0.9.3.15) will not be compatible and must be regenerated (should happen automatically, otherwise delete your content locally or if it is stuck in the ContentManager force a refresh by re-saving the Windows Device Settings).

As usual all details about this nightly release can be found at: http://deltaengine.codep...eControl/list/changesets
Rss Feed  Atom Feed