Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gathos  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:40:01 PM(UTC)
Gathos

Guten Abend DE Team,
wie versprochen der kleiner weitere Test zum Nightly Build:

Hier ein kleiner Fehler welcher entstanden war, als ich versucht habe ein Projekt zu erstellen.

Fehler beim erstellen eines Projektes.

Zwei wichtige Sachen an dieser Stelle noch:

Beim herunterladen der .XML Dateien durch den Editor (egal welches Projekt), werden diese sofort geöffnet und kriegen auf den Fokus - dadurch wird es schwer den Rechner anderweilig zu benutzen.

geöffnete Dokumente

Beim herunterladen, wird scheinbar eine Musik abgespielt, leider brach diese zwischendurch immer wieder ab oder wurde mit halber Geschwindigkeit abgespielt.

Gruß!

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline Valik  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 12:03:10 PM(UTC)
Valik

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,
the thing that all content is opening is also occuring on my editor (and is really annoying).
and when choosing creepy towers as startpack i got the same report.

there is now another thing happening. i cant login anymore (in the editor) because he tells me i
dont have rights for the project test but i deleted all projects and reinstalled the DE. How can
i manage all the projects that may still be on the cloud? or can i ask u to delete all projects
that belong to me?

Edited by user Friday, January 17, 2014 12:07:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Valik attached the following image(s):
error.jpg (48kb) downloaded 22 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline Valik  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 2:12:09 PM(UTC)
Valik

Hi,
i've tried to login in the editor with my brothers api key. but i still
got the error that i have no permission for the test project.
Offline Ira  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 4:56:28 PM(UTC)
Ira

Hi,
thank you for pointing out this bug. It is already fixed for the nightly release.
I advise you to use the latest nightly release of the editor.

For further notice:
In order to change the project with which you start the editor, go to your registry (Win + R, enter "Regedit").
Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DeltaEngine\Editor and there change the data of the SelectedProject.
In case you are not sure to which project you want to change it, you can always start with LogoApp.

Let me know if you still have problems with this issue.
Offline Steve  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 4:58:44 PM(UTC)
Steve

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Artur Fischer Go to Quoted Post
Guten Abend DE Team,
wie versprochen der kleiner weitere Test zum Nightly Build:

Hier ein kleiner Fehler welcher entstanden war, als ich versucht habe ein Projekt zu erstellen.

Fehler beim erstellen eines Projektes.

Zwei wichtige Sachen an dieser Stelle noch:

Beim herunterladen der .XML Dateien durch den Editor (egal welches Projekt), werden diese sofort geöffnet und kriegen auf den Fokus - dadurch wird es schwer den Rechner anderweilig zu benutzen.

geöffnete Dokumente

Beim herunterladen, wird scheinbar eine Musik abgespielt, leider brach diese zwischendurch immer wieder ab oder wurde mit halber Geschwindigkeit abgespielt.

Gruß!

Thank you for the report!

I've just managed to reproduce the problems and we look into solving them as soon as possible.
I'll let you know once we've fixed them
Offline Valik  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 3:57:46 PM(UTC)
Valik

Originally Posted by: ira Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
thank you for pointing out this bug. It is already fixed for the nightly release.
I advise you to use the latest nightly release of the editor.

For further notice:
In order to change the project with which you start the editor, go to your registry (Win + R, enter "Regedit").
Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DeltaEngine\Editor and there change the data of the SelectedProject.
In case you are not sure to which project you want to change it, you can always start with LogoApp.

Let me know if you still have problems with this issue.

Your hint managed that problem.
Thank you.
Offline Michael Koch  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:41:15 PM(UTC)
Michael Koch

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'd like to jump in here aswell, as I've also some editor problems. Hopy you don't mind, Valik...

I'm testing online 3D Model conversion with nightly build. Just did some playing around and noted what happened. In my case, I have C4D and export to fbx (7.2/2013). I understand this is the preferred file format. Checking the exports with Ultimate Unwrap 3D (UU3D) - assuming if they can be shown there ok, it should work with DE also.

- Project Creator -> New App, based on EmptyApp.
[Issue:] Content Manager shows Verdana12Font on high level layer and also as a sub to Verdana12. Changes after restart of editor (think there is a refresh missing or so)

- Create a textured Cube in C4D, export to fbx, no animations. UU3D shows ok. Drag to new project's viewport.
[Issue:] Comes in double (2 objects with same name), Umlauts are not shown correctly - and I can't see any model in 3D. Might be a scaling problem (near/far view plane or so).
[Feature Request:] A "zoom to all" button for the Viewport would be nice, if you import very large or very small objects
[Feature Request:] A "scale upon import option" would be very handy - so that this wouldn't be needed in the modelling program..
[Feature Request:] An upload status bar or so while uploading content for conversion. For large files, I don't really know what is happening and how the status is.

- Did rescale the cube in C4D, export again. Redo drag to Viewport of Online Editor (remember there are still 2 Cubes in there from earlier action). Now, again 2 new objects are added to the content manager list (again a list redraw issue, I guess), but nothing visible.

- Closed and re-opened content manager: Only one cube object in list, as it should be. Then, uploaded the cube texture to the content manager - now the cube is shown, [Issue:] but no texture on it.

Edit/Add: Ah, no, the texturing works after changing the material type from "textured" to "Position2DColoredTexture". So, not an issue, that.

FYI.

Attaching the fbx. Also, a picture from UU3D about the famous cube :)

Edited by user Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:48:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Got the texturing to work.

File Attachment(s):
TexturedCube.zip (27kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Michael Koch attached the following image(s):
Image1.png (59kb) downloaded 27 time(s).
Image2.png (77kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
cube_texture.png (25kb) downloaded 22 time(s).

Offline Benjamin  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:58:26 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Still a good bug report, we have not tested exporting FBX files from C4D. I would guess that the shader detection code is not returning anything useful and then in the Editor the 3D Model is not rendered with the correct shader and material. Should be easy to fix. Update is coming from our FBX guy once he tested and supports this.
Offline Judge  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 6:50:01 PM(UTC)
Judge

Hi Miko,

thanks for the detailed bug report and improvement ideas.
Actually this is a known bug or at least a missing usability feature.

The problem is when you want to import a model you need to provide all used textures first and import the model file itself then.

In your case this means just drag in the "cube_texture.png" and after it the "TexturedCube.fbx" file.
After the importing process is done you should see your (small) textured cube, finally.

While I have tested the importing process with your content (thx for providing it) I noticed several thinks:
- your box is really small because the scene systems units are in cm and the box dimension is 2
-> the unit system of the engine is in meter, so if you want a 2m box the dimension must be 200 if you are using cm system in you 3D tool
- you are using a fixed-function material instead of a shader material which is the preferred one

Hope this info helps.
Offline Valik  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 8:46:29 PM(UTC)
Valik

How to delete every single file or project "on server" so that i can start with a clean
new project? i tried to delete all DE stuff and reinstall it but there is always something
anywhere.
Offline Benjamin  
#11 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 10:29:48 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Not sure what you mean, you cannot delete content from your project? That should be possible, otherwise you might have found some bug. We can also just delete a full project (I guess that is not possible on the client side yet) or just rename it if you want to create a new project with the same name.

Otherwise I guess just create a new project with a different name, you can create as many as you want.
Offline Judge  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 10:48:02 PM(UTC)
Judge

Hi Valik,

actually deleting content files is quite easy. You just can delete a selected file via the content manager in the Editor,
just use the "Delete" button or right click and choose "Delete" respectively "Delete with all SubContent".

You can also delete the whole project via the "Delete Project" button right beside your selected project name (at the top of the Editor).

Hope it helps you.
Offline Benjamin  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:35:15 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Good to know, so full project deletion should work fine, just tried it, seems to be legit ThumpUp
Offline Michael Koch  
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 10:03:39 PM(UTC)
Michael Koch

Originally Posted by: Judge Go to Quoted Post
The problem is when you want to import a model you need to provide all used textures first and import the model file itself then.
- you are using a fixed-function material instead of a shader material which is the preferred one

Aye, Judge. Tried by uploading textures first, and it works without problems. Replacing a model by uploading it again still seems to be a bit glitchy - but one can delete the old one first for now aswell, I believe.

I'm not really sure if I can apply shader materials to my model in C4D (seems to be version dependant - and I've got the smallest one; enough money spent anyway...). So far though, the fixed-function material seems to work.

Again, thanks.
Michael Koch attached the following image(s):
Image1.png (197kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

Offline Benjamin  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 3:37:07 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Cool test level.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed