Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zapozidon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:05:21 AM(UTC)
zapozidon

How I can work with examples in Delta Editor? Using my key I cannot login for some reason (combobox with list of projects is empty, after clicking Login button - nothing).
Here log:
9:38:44 AM Welcome to the Delta Engine Editor
9:38:44 AM Warning: User needs to login first!
9:38:44 AM Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DeltaEngine.Editor.OnlineService.GetAllContentNames()
at DeltaEngine.Editor.ContentManager.ContentManagerViewModel.RefreshContentList()
at DeltaEngine.Editor.ContentManager.ContentManagerViewModel..ctor(Service service)
at DeltaEngine.Editor.ContentManager.ContentManagerView.Init(Service service)
at DeltaEngine.Editor.EditorView.TryInitializePlugin(UserControl plugin)

Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline mc-kay  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:30:48 PM(UTC)
mc-kay

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Please try our latest v0.9.9.9 release.
Offline NIGATSUKOI Shizuka  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:35:04 PM(UTC)
NIGATSUKOI Shizuka

Hello, I am new to the forums but I am posting here since I have had the same problem, even with the latest version.

The way I was able to fix it is simply by re-launching Delta Engine. Not sure if this simplistic solution will work for everyone with the same problem, however.
Offline Benjamin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:50:25 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Thanks for the bug report and tip. We will test and improve this issue for the Milestone 5 release. An updated beta installer is coming tomorrow as well (should be the final one before the release ^^)
Offline guiguzi.allen  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:35:39 PM(UTC)
guiguzi.allen

me too,the same problem, my version is 1.0.0.0, and have also try the version 0.9.9.9,my system is windows 7(64),and vs2012 ult
Offline Flavio Damasco  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:05:22 PM(UTC)
Flavio Damasco

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi there!
I am informing my colleagues of this! They should come shortly for support!ThumpUp
UserPostedImage
Offline Benjamin  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 7:39:37 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

This issue has been closed many months ago (pre 1.0 release). If you have a new issue, please open a topic or report a bug at: bugs@deltaengine.net
Thanks
Offline Michael Koch  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:11:08 PM(UTC)
Michael Koch

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I truly believe Uchiha Itachi is a spam link poster account.
Each post contains general blabla - and a link to the same site.
Please ban.
Offline Benjamin  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:13:28 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Yes, makes no sense ^^ I put a stop to it now.
Offline raulroa  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:36:54 PM(UTC)
raulroa

I know this post is a little old, but I'm having this very same issue now.
Offline Benjamin  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 6:39:08 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Are you using the 1.1 Content Service (Port 800) or the Nightly Builds (Port 900), see your MyDocuments/DeltaEngine/DeltaEngine.Editor/Settings.xml file? We are currently changing quite a bit, but the 1.1 service should still work just fine.

A complete error log would also help the editor team to understand your issue.
Offline raulroa  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 11:05:12 PM(UTC)
raulroa

I downloaded the Installer of the Download page, which says it's 1.1.

My current settings file looks as follows:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Settings>
  <LimitFramerate>60</LimitFramerate>
  <StartInFullscreen>False</StartInFullscreen>
  <Resolution>1344, 754.4</Resolution>
</Settings>

Originally Posted by: Benjamin Nitschke Go to Quoted Post
Are you using the 1.1 Content Service (Port 800) or the Nightly Builds (Port 900), see your MyDocuments/DeltaEngine/DeltaEngine.Editor/Settings.xml file? We are currently changing quite a bit, but the 1.1 service should still work just fine.

A complete error log would also help the editor team to understand your issue.

Offline Jothaka  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:35:28 AM(UTC)
Jothaka

I have the same problem, I started Delta Engine and am not logged in anymore any attempt to click on "Login" give no feedback from the editor (he neither says can't connect or wrong api-key or whatever error, the editor just does... nothing).

My Settings.xml looks almost the same as Raul Roa's (apart from Resolution and I got <BuiltApps> & <ContentProjects> additionally ).

All other Buttons work as expected, but not the Login Button.

Greetings
Jothaka
Offline Ira  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:41:22 PM(UTC)
Ira

Thank you for your bug report. ThumpUp
You should try to log in again, the issue has been fixed.
However, you will currently not be able to upload any new files to your content.
I am working on the bug as we speak and will get back to you asap with news on the topic.
Offline raulroa  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:17:33 PM(UTC)
raulroa

Thanks for taking a look into this.

Should we re-download the editor?

Originally Posted by: ira Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your bug report. ThumpUp
You should try to log in again, the issue has been fixed.
However, you will currently not be able to upload any new files to your content.
I am working on the bug as we speak and will get back to you asap with news on the topic.

Offline Ira  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:22:37 AM(UTC)
Ira

There is no need to re-download the editor, all the changes were server side.

Glad to help Smile
Offline fsgale  
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2016 4:15:29 PM(UTC)
fsgale

As of right now I just downloaded the most up to date installer from your website, since my login button wasn't working previously and I've never been able to even test your engine yet to date... months of it just sitting on my computer like a digital paperweight.

Now same issue, all I get is some random ApiKey prefilled in for me, the error says Server Error: Invalid ApiKey! So I paste my own ApiKey in, and hit login... nothing happens yet again. Gotta say, I was excited to try this product, but after all this just to be able to login... really disheartening.

1. My system is Win 10 64-bit.
2. My settings file is the exact same as the previously posted settings file, except my setting values are obviously setup for my own system.
3. The Delta Engine Editor additionally has been reporting a NullReferenceException as follows:

8:41:55 AM Welcome to the Delta Engine Editor
8:41:55 AM Warning: Server Error: Invalid ApiKey!
8:41:55 AM Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DeltaEngine.Editor.EditorViewModel.LogAndShowError()
at DeltaEngine.Editor.EditorViewModel.ProcessAndLogServerError(ServerError serverError)
at DeltaEngine.Editor.EditorViewModel.OnDataReceived(Object message)
at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
at DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.TcpSocket.OnObjectFinished(MessageData dataContainer)
at DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.DataCollector.TriggerObjectFinishedAndResetCurrentContainer()
at DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.DataCollector.ReadDataToEnd()
at DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.DataCollector.ReadBytes()
at DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.TcpSocket.TryReceiveBytes(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.TcpSocket.ReceivingBytes(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

4. As seen by the stack trace of the exception, my "status window" or whatever it is you call this notification panel stops short of actually displaying everything... why? Maybe another bug?
5. To note, this exception was being thrown in the original version I downloaded (sorry I don't recall the exact version I had) and the newest one I downloaded today. This has always been attempted on a Windows 10 system, 64-bit.
6. My DeltaEngine log.txt file contains some more interesting info (sounds like the new installer forgot a step?):
Delta Engine Log 2015-12-21 11:38:06
11:38:06 AM Warning: Server Error: System.Exception: Failed to load inner type of 'DeltaEngine.Networking.Messages.UpdateContent' (Version 1.1.0.0). Your data might be outdated 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String]'. Try to delete your local content ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'rdana12
' from assembly 'DeltaEngine, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataExtensions.GetTypeFromFullName(String typeName)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataExtensions.GetGenericTypeFromShortNameOrFullName(String typeName)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataExtensions.GetTypeFromShortNameOrFullNameIfNotFound(String typeName)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.LoadDictionaryWhereAllValuesAreTheSameType(IDictionary data, BinaryReader reader, Int32 count)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.LoadDictionary(IDictionary data, BinaryReader reader)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.TryLoadDataBody(Object& data, Type type, BinaryReader reader)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.CreateAndLoad(Type typeToCreate, BinaryReader reader)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.LoadClassData(Object data, Type type, BinaryReader reader)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.TryLoadDataBody(Object& data, Type type, BinaryReader reader)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.CreateAndLoad(Type typeToCreate, BinaryReader reader)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.LoadClassData(Object data, Type type, BinaryReader reader)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.CreateAndLoad(Type typeToCreate, BinaryReader reader, Version typeDataVersion)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataLoader.CreateAndLoad(Type typeToCreate, BinaryReader reader, Version typeDataVersion)
at DeltaEngine.Core.BinaryDataExtensions.Create(BinaryReader reader)
at DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.TcpSocket.OnObjectFinished(MessageData dataContainer)

Perhaps a member of the DeltaEngine team can have a look at this, perhaps build the extra step into the new installer, or perhaps at least post instructions on how someone could go about "deleting their local content" to help ensure everyone has less issues when or if they need to complete this step on their own.

I have since uninstalled the newest version of DeltaEngine, manually ensured all parts of the installation (that I could find) were properly removed, reinstalled DeltaEngine. And I am looking at the exact same results as before.

Please help before I really do decide that DeltaEngine isn't for me simply because I can't even test it out.
Offline Benjamin  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:54:59 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Hi fsgale,

Sorry for the delay, I had to restore the old code and get everything locally up and running to test. At first I could not get it working too as I was pointing to the wrong content server (it must be content.deltaengine.net:800), please make sure this is set in your C:\Users\<username>\Documents\DeltaEngine\DeltaEngine.Editor\Settings.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Settings>
<ContentServerIp>content.deltaengine.net</ContentServerIp>
<ContentServerPort>800</ContentServerPort>
</Settings>

Next up I had some newer dlls that the Editor automatically replaced and made things not working anymore. One bug that I think was fixed back then was the OpenGL shaders precision settings for OpenGLES, which some GPUs don't like, if you have trouble with shaders I recommend commenting out all "precision mediump float" lines in ShaderCodeOpenGL.cs and copy the new DeltaEngine.dll into the Editor folder. Other than that the old version still worked, we never changed the server (internally we use a different port for the most recent engine version).

Hope this helps and sorry we cannot provide any more support as there is no one actively working on the community edition anymore for over 2 years, we are all contract work driven now until we think we are ready for the next community release (at least it will be a big improvement at once and hopefully make a bigger splash ^^)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed