Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matasx  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 1:15:13 PM(UTC)
Matasx

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, I'm trying to start with Delta Engine Framework. I'm looking at Tutorials - but they are quiet uncomplete and missing content files. Here is my one big question - how does content manager works or where can I find more info about it?
I've got
Code:
public BouncingLogo()
            : base(new Material(Shader.Position2DColorUv, "Logo"),
                Point.Half)

and file Logo.jpg in subfolder Content. But it says: Unable to continue: No content found, please put content in Content folder.
I'm not able to find more informations about it. Also samples included in zip files are missing contents.
I tried to open Delta Engine Editor (link) from this page http://deltaengine.net/features/appbuilder but I only get Error 404.
I'm really confused. Please help. Thanks.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline internetfreak  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 4:17:29 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hello Matasx and welcome to the deltaEngine Forum
Thanks for reporting your problem. It seems that the ContentService is either not reachable at the moment or has some issues
Your code looks fine, make sure that you have all required files in your content folder. For your code, you need a file named Logo.jpg, which you already stored in your folder and also the appropriate shader file.
To get the shader file you can run any sample, it should normally download its content, in the content folder, you will find the needed file for the shader. Simply copy and paste it in your content folder and delete any ContentMetaData.xml, if available to force its regeneration.
Now the only thing you have to do is to switch to Program.cs and add the following line to you Main() method (before the one line which is already available):
Code:
ContentLoader.Use<DiskContentLoader>();

Don't forget to add a reference to DeltaEngine.Content.Disk and the appropriate namespace in order to use the class. With this line, you will be able to load content from disk so you can operate without the content service for now.
When Benjamin sees this post, he can give you additional informations, I wanted to give you everything you need to explore DeltaEngine without much problems :)

I hope you can follow my instructions and you are able to use it correctly. If something's unclear, feel free to ask for help, I or someone else will see it and help you asap.

Greetings
internetfreak
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Offline Matasx  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 4:46:31 PM(UTC)
Matasx

Originally Posted by: internetfreak Go to Quoted Post
To get the shader file you can run any sample, it should normally download its content, in the content folder, you will find the needed file for the shader.

1. Thanks for your reply.
2. While service is not working, no sample can download any content.
Offline internetfreak  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 8:08:43 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

For 2. you get a point :)
I don't know exactly but maybe you are also able to work without the shader, you still have to give it as parameter but if it's missing then delta doesn't throw any exception, maybe they built the most basic shaders right into delta to support them also without the content file

Offline Matasx  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 9:16:52 PM(UTC)
Matasx

When i put empty or null name: An unhandled exception of type 'DeltaEngine.Content.Material.UnableToCreateMaterialWithoutValidShaderName' occurred in DeltaEngine.dll.
When i let original value: DeltaEngine.Content.ContentLoader.ContentNotFound was unhandled
HResult=-2146233088
Message=DefaultSettings
Source=DeltaEngine

I'm doomed. ThumpUp

Edited by user Monday, September 23, 2013 9:22:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline internetfreak  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:50:57 AM(UTC)
internetfreak

Well you shouldn't leave the param blank or set it to NULL, everything what could probably be missing is the shader file itself.
Your message says it doesn't have th DefaultSettings.xml file which is normally also provided by the content service.
I don't know exactly but maybe you can get this file from somewhere (maybe the samples in the source code version have one?). I'd like to provide it to you but I currently have no access to this file so you have to wait until evening.

@DeltaEngine-Staff
Isn't it possible to create the DefaultSettings like the ContentMetaData or build it into the source so it's possible to work even without this file? I was also trapped a few times with the missing DefaultSettings because sometimes it worked without and sometimes it didn't work without this file

thanks 1 user thanked internetfreak for this useful post.
Matasx on 9/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Flavio Damasco  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:42:20 PM(UTC)
Flavio Damasco

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Matasx! Welcome!
I am reporting your support request to my colleagues! ThumpUp
UserPostedImage
Offline Steve  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:16:42 PM(UTC)
Steve

@Matasx:
We've recently changed Networking code to use compression to be faster, that's why the ContentService was unreachable for you.
Additionally we've updated our default-Shaders (included for every project).
Please use the most recent release (just about an hour ago).

If you use the DeveloperOnlineContentLoader (by default, unless you declare "ContentLoader.Use<DiskContentLoader>();") all the needed Content for the Samples should be automatically downloaded.

Please see Hendrik's post (Milestone 5 Jupiter v0.9.9.3 Release)

I hope that solves all your problems so far, please report them otherwise.

@internetfreak:
Thanks for the support
thanks 1 user thanked Steve for this useful post.
Matasx on 9/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Matasx  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:30:06 AM(UTC)
Matasx

Thanks for your effort.
After update to newest version I've got new error: missing Ionic.Zip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c
Offline internetfreak  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:11:31 AM(UTC)
internetfreak

@Matasx
Where do you get this error? Maybe you need to rebuild your solution one time to get all the references. If it occurs in the source code of delta, then try to restore the NuGet Packages (you have to activate that in the options so it can restore missing packages automatically when building). Anyway, the file should not be missing, so trying the two things from this post should hopefully help, otherwise we have to look further after the problem. If the problem still exists after trying, then I will try to help you again :)

@Steve
Nothing to thanks ;)
For all the things you provide with your project here it's only natural to give something back because we are one community.
I support Delta as much as I somehow can because I get a wonderful engine in return :)

thanks 1 user thanked internetfreak for this useful post.
Matasx on 9/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Matasx  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:06:11 AM(UTC)
Matasx

Where do you get this error?

At line:
Code:
var window = Resolve<Window>();

Code:
  StackTrace:
       v System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       v System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       v System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
       v System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.AssemblyTypeLoader.LoadDependentAssemblies(Assembly assembly, List`1 assemblies)
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.AssemblyTypeLoader.TryLoadAllUnloadedAssemblies(Assembly[] loadedAssemblies)
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.AssemblyTypeLoader.RegisterAllTypesFromAllAssemblies[ContentDataType,UpdateType,DrawType]()
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.Resolver.MakeSureContainerIsInitialized()
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.Resolver.Resolve[BaseType]()
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.App.Resolve[T]()
       v DeltaExperiments.Program..ctor() v \Program.cs:line 24
       v DeltaExperiments.Program.Main() v \Program.cs:line 45
       v System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
       v System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       v Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       v System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       v System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Maybe you need to rebuild your solution one time to get all the references. If it occurs in the source code of delta, then try to restore the NuGet Packages (you have to activate that in the options so it can restore missing packages automatically when building).

It's not an build issue. It's runtime error. I've also got options to restore missing packages checked. I've tried to uninstall DeltaEngine NuGet package and install again (I'm using OpenTK version) with no result.

---
Edit: Delta Engine Editor at http://deltaengine.net/f...a-6c54-a3fd-ff0000bdde97 is still missing.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Edditional informations

Offline Benjamin  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:29:24 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
About the missing Ionic.Zip file, it is needed in DeltaEngine.Networking and included in the Installer. When using the source only version it is downloaded as a nuget package from: http://www.nuget.org/packages/DotNetZip/
As Internetfreak said you probably only need to enable downloading nuget packages (which is the new default since nuget 2.7, so luckily a problem of the past). You can also just reference the file yourself to fix the problem on your PC (use it from the installation directory or download it yourself).

About the broken Features website link, where did you get that link from?

Otherwise sorry about the ContentService issues in the past days, should be fixed now. If you use an older version (e.g. Milestone 4) you will have the content included in the installer. You can also just copy+paste or create your own content locally in the Content folder and use the ContentLoader.Use<DiskContentLoader>(); trick Internetfreak suggested, but obviously normally it should not required and it should all work fine and dandy with the Online Content.
thanks 1 user thanked Benjamin for this useful post.
Matasx on 9/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Matasx  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:04:53 PM(UTC)
Matasx

About the link: it is in the firs post:
Originally Posted by: Matasx Go to Quoted Post
I tried to open Delta Engine Editor (link) from this page http://deltaengine.net/features/appbuilder but I only get Error 404.

Offline Benjamin  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:49:54 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Thanks for the hint. That link is fixed now and correctly points to the Editor page. It is still being updated daily, but it does not hurt to check how it is going.

For any question you might have, we are here to help.
thanks 1 user thanked Benjamin for this useful post.
Matasx on 9/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Matasx  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 12:58:39 PM(UTC)
Matasx

Today I've downloaded and installed DeltaEngineInstaller_0.9.9.3.exe - SharpDX version.
It seems that content service is still unavailable:
Snake - no content

I've got also problem with Editor - is there any way to run it under DirectX?
Fatal error
Offline Steve  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:46:05 PM(UTC)
Steve

Please attach the log file.
You can find it in MyDocuments/DeltaEngine/AppName/Log.txt
Offline internetfreak  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:21:36 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

The error with no content is strange, I tested the samples also and they work (I did a quick check earlier today because I wanted to know something - you can play delta engine games, when you're connected over RDP but only when using DX :) )

For the editor issue, there's currently no help, I also asked if the editor could come to other frameworks like SharpDX (I don't know exactly but shouldn't it be possible because delta is abstracted enough to work with different frameworks?). The editor is at the moment only available as openGL Version, so if you have problems with OpenGL (this means OpenTK or GLFW) then you cannot use the editor on that machine, sorry

Offline Matasx  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:11:14 PM(UTC)
Matasx

Here is the log:
Code:
Snake Log 2013-09-26 12:52:58
12:52:58 No content available. Waiting until OnlineService sends it to us ...
12:52:58 Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Přístup k cestě Content byl odepřen.
v System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
v System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
v System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
v System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   v DeltaEngine.Content.Online.DeveloperOnlineContentLoader.SaveXmlFile()
   v DeltaEngine.Content.Online.DeveloperOnlineContentLoader.VerifyProject(SetProject newProject)
   v DeltaEngine.Content.Online.DeveloperOnlineContentLoader.OnDataReceived(Object message)
v System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   v DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.TcpSocket.OnObjectFinished(MessageData dataContainer)
   v DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.DataCollector.TriggerObjectFinishedAndResetCurrentContainer()
   v DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.DataCollector.ReadDataToEnd()
   v DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.DataCollector.ReadBytes()
   v DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.TcpSocket.TryReceiveBytes(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   v DeltaEngine.Networking.Tcp.TcpSocket.ReceivingBytes(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
12:53:06 Warning: Content download timeout reached, continuing app (content might be incomplete)

(Přístup k cestě Content byl odepřen. = Access to path Content was denied)

OK. That was helpful. It's because it is installed in Program Files and under Windows 8 running applications has no right to write there. Instead they should write to AppData path - keep it in mind when releasing next version. Thanks. :)

Edited by user Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:12:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Benjamin  
#19 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 6:09:05 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Yes, there is already a feature for that, not sure if it made it into the new version from yesterday. In any case the default path is not longer c:\program files\ so as long as you have write permissions in your install path it will be fine.

Thanks for the error report though.
Offline Matasx  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:14:39 PM(UTC)
Matasx

Hi again. I've got new problem. I'm trying simple tutorials, but when I use instance of Command class it fails on null reference exception.
Code:
System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
  HResult=-2147467261
  Message=Odkaz na objekt není nastaven na instanci objektu.
  Source=DeltaEngine
  StackTrace:
       v DeltaEngine.Commands.Command.<Update>b__0(Trigger t)
       v System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Find(Predicate`1 match)
       v DeltaEngine.Commands.Command.Update()
       v DeltaEngine.Entities.EntitiesRunner.RunEntityUpdateIfNotPaused(Updateable entity)
       v DeltaEngine.Entities.EntitiesRunner.RunUpdateTick()
       v DeltaEngine.Entities.EntitiesRunner.UpdateAndDrawAllEntities(Action drawEverythingInCurrentLayer)
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.AppRunner.UpdateAndDrawAllEntities()
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.AppRunner.RunTick()
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.AppRunner.Run()
       v DeltaEngine.Platforms.App.Run()
       v DeltaExperiments.Program.Main() v d:\Repozitář\Roboti\Foundation\DeltaExperiments\Program.cs:řádek 37
       v System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
       v System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       v Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       v System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       v System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       v System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException: 

Command error

When I comment Command line out, I runs just fine. What am I doing wrong? It seems that DeltaEngine framework does't like me. :-(
Offline Matasx  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:37:26 PM(UTC)
Matasx

Ok I've got it. It's still the content manager problem...
Offline Steve  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 10:52:07 AM(UTC)
Steve

Originally Posted by: Matasx Go to Quoted Post
Ok I've got it. It's still the content manager problem...

In which project do you still have problems with the Content Manager?
Do you have the problem from within the App/Game or the Editor?
If from the App, are you using the DiskContentLoader or the DeveloperOnlineContentLoader?
Offline Matasx  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 2:02:57 PM(UTC)
Matasx

In App. I'm using DiskContentLoader, because Content Manager (Editor) only runs under OpenGL and under Windows 8 I've got bad driver without shader support.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed