Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mc-kay  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:02:07 PM(UTC)
mc-kay

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The third sprint release of Milestone 5 Jupiter was just pushed to NuGet, GitHub and CodePlex.
It features the OpenTK, GLFW, SharpDX, SlimDX, Xna and MonoGame C# version of the DeltaEngine.
Download like always at http://deltaengine.net/download

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline Benjamin  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 8:12:09 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Looks good :)
Offline internetfreak  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:25:38 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Thanks for the release, I now downloaded the SharpDX Version :)
I will check it out in the next days if I can so be prepared for any reports if I find something ;)
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Offline fg_garda  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 9:52:26 PM(UTC)
fg_garda

Thanks for the release. I've downloaded the OpenTK version.
In the Editor solution, file EditorView.xaml, I think you have to change the AvalonDock references to Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock:

xmlns:avalonDock="clr-namespace:Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock;assembly=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock"
xmlns:avalonDockLayout="clr-namespace:Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Layout;assembly=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock"
xmlns:themes="clr-namespace:Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Themes;assembly=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Themes.Metro"
xmlns:shell="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Windows.Shell;assembly=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock"

using Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Layout;

Offline internetfreak  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 12:03:52 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Ok I tried the release now for a few minutes and I have to say it works like a charm even on my surface. Ok, I had to install DX, so it didn't work on my surface out of the box but this was something minor because on my laptop I had a few games installed so DX was already available and it is easy to install if it's missing :)
The reason why I post here is because I don't understand how to use the ContentLoader. I checked the Source and found out there's a Use<T> method for setting another content loader but content seems to get loaded from disk even without explicit setting of any content loader, shouldn't it try to load the content from the service then or how is this handled?
Anyway, it works perfectly and I will check out more, soon I also test the android build :)

Three things to report:
1. even though the editor only works on openGL, can you maybe include it anyway in the other packages so I don't have to download two packages, one only for the editor and one for the assemblies.
2. The breakout sample seems a bit buggy regarding collision and movement, the ball moves deep into the paddle before the collision is caused and the ball itself can kill a complete column of blocks :)
Also, when you play with touch, the paddle seems to be glued to the border, it only moves if you travel a certain distance with your finger (don't know exactly if touch already works or if it recognizes my touch input as mouse input on my tablet)
3. Ghostwars and some other samples don't work with touch, for example snake doesn't click the buttons and ghostwars closes immediately after touching the screen

This is everything I can say for now, if I have more, I will tell you
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Offline Benjamin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:03:51 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fg_garda Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the release. I've downloaded the OpenTK version.
In the Editor solution, file EditorView.xaml, I think you have to change the AvalonDock references to Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock:

xmlns:avalonDock="clr-namespace:Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock;assembly=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock"
xmlns:avalonDockLayout="clr-namespace:Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Layout;assembly=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock"
xmlns:themes="clr-namespace:Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Themes;assembly=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Themes.Metro"
xmlns:shell="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Windows.Shell;assembly=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock"

using Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Layout;

We are currently updating AvalonDock to the latest version (2.0.2000), which will fix this. You could downgrade to 2.0.1746 (like the packages.config of the Editor project specifies) or fix the issue for us :D