Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline internetfreak  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 8:29:00 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Heyho all together :)

I just tested the BlocksPreviewStarterKit which I got about an hour ago from Benjamin (I'm an early beta tester) and the first thing I noticed was: "Holy Cow, this code looks amazing" (compared to an other project I know it's really beautiful, what the DeltaEngine Guys did with delta. That's code how I like it. Sadly there so many bad examples for code in the net and the pearls are often hard to find, but delta is definitely one)

Anyway, after "love at the first sight" (little joke :P) I straight went to the blocks sample and started it (before I had to kill some evil errors ò.ó, which fortunately went away after the second build try). But my experience was not so good after all.
First, I had no content, just a checkerboard and some colored checkerboard-textured shapes.
Second, it seems that sometimes not every key press was detected so some block just fell at the wrong place (I couldn't really build without gaps)

But hey, this is still an early preview (Benjamin said, my version is a few weeks old) so bugs are fully natural and I'm sure that some bugs already are fixed.

My last words for this topic: keep going, DeltaEngine team. I fully trust you and your skills and I know why I chose DeltaEngine as I made the (hard) decision to move away from XNA to something new. But I didn't get disappointed with Delta so I'm looking forward to an great future.
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline Benjamin  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 8:54:45 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
We plan to release an early version of the Blocks Starter Kit next week. For now the C++ Release has priority and we also have been working a lot on the back-end this month (networking, logging, messaging, tools, website), which will help with future releases.
Offline internetfreak  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:55:20 AM(UTC)
internetfreak

Ok, that sounds good. Will the early blocks starter include a early version of the tools and will delta have then at least basic image support (I want to load and draw images, the other functions aren't so important for me).
I want to start my projects and that's why I need image support (with image support and an early version of the content manager, I can at least work on some parts of my project).

Offline Benjamin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:57:32 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Yes, image support is in the Blocks Game Starter Kit.
Offline internetfreak  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:40:25 AM(UTC)
internetfreak

Ok, thats great. So if I understand it right, we get next week all content as early preview as it will be included when M2 is release (i.e tools and other stuff)
I'm excited about the future, so I cannot really wait any longer (but unfortunately, I have to wait) :D

Rss Feed  Atom Feed