Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ollimorp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:26:58 PM(UTC)
ollimorp

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Folks,

cutting a long story short: I have to develope on my second dev-notebook(thanks repairman in the neighbour-appartment Applause ).
It´s the famous Deep-Blue-beating super-sophisticated power mainframe Sony-Vaio.
So due to the stubborn OpenGL-hating and graphicdriver-semipro´ employees, I can´t run any OpenGL-Applications above version 0.0.0.01 out of the 80s.

Therefore I can´t start your mighty DE-Editor and create content manually, respectively re-use existing content.

So here´s my long awaited question:
Is it possible to extract any sub-project of the Editor-solution, and use it as a stand-alone app? (e.g. materialeditor, sceneeditor or (prepare -> germish: "bash me dead")

Greetings from ol´-pro-CSU Bavaria

Florian

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline internetfreak  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 9:00:13 AM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi olli/Florian (however you want to get called :) )
Welcome to the DeltaEngine Forum

It seems you also have probably a Intel i3/5/7 with a stupid HD GPU and no other graphics card, am I right? If yes, then welcome to the club, I'm also affected from this issue on one of my devices :)

Anyway, normally, you have to use the editor, because the single components are built as plugin while the editor serves as host for them. I didn't look much at the editors source, but I don't think you can extract the single plugins since some of them also require openTK for graphical output (preview of the content etc). What you probably can do since DE is open source is to look how the single editor plugins process your content after doing all necessary things (i.e. giving that file a name, choosing sizes etc, depending on the content type).
Maybe it works but I don't know if it really does. The better way is to get any device with openGL support until the editor is ported to any other framework.

Greetings also from Germany
internetfreak
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Offline ollimorp  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 9:20:53 AM(UTC)
ollimorp

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Quote:
It seems you also have probably a Intel i3/5/7 with a stupid HD GPU and no other graphics card, am I right?

That´s right... Intel i3, AMD HD5000 Series shitty graphicsboard. The notebook became the main-machine due to an accident.
Well what is it.

I expected the answer, but I think my post was a little bit too equivocal.
It was already clear for me, that I won´t able to compile an extracted project (in this very smart DE-architecture), and finally run
the application with GUI.
But I have in mind to extract the last stage of building the final binary-/xml-contentfile, without any GUI.
I have to less leisure time these days, to analyze the "output"-mechanism.
At first glance, it looks possible to extract the MaterialEditor-Save() proc.
But before excessivly wasting time, does anyone know a more concrete solution?

Greetings
Offline internetfreak  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 9:36:21 AM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Well, a AMD HD5k should normally work, I thought you only have a Intel HD GPU (I own a Surface Pro and I only have problems with OpenGL there due to the big bulls*** which Intel produces, atm I have the window 8.1 rtm installed and the driver seems only to support OpenGL 1.1?!?)

About your question, I just checked the solution, the editor seems not to be open source, I thought it is open. To achieve your goal you would probably have to decompile the assemblies which is probably impossible due to obfuscation (I don't know how good any decompiler could handle this as I didn't look much at things like obfuscating and decompiling yet)
Did you already tried to use a VM? I don't know how good it could work but maybe a VM can provide you a driver for the virtualized GPU which supports openGL 2.0 so you can use the editor.

You also talked about Materials, if you want to create a material, I can help you without messing around with the editor, just use this line:
Code:
var material = new Material(Shader.Position2dUv, "yourImageName")

in order to use this line, you have to make sure that your image is in the content folder and you will probably also need this line since you cannot use the editor for managing your content:
Code:
ContentLoader.Use<DiskContentLoader>();

You will need a reference to DeltaEngine.Content.Disk for using the DiskContentLoader and loading your content until you found a way to use the editor for content managing.

I hope I could help somehow :)
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Rss Feed  Atom Feed