Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mc-kay  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 9:41:27 PM(UTC)
mc-kay

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The first sprint release of the new Milestone 5 Jupiter was just pushed to NuGet and CodePlex.
It features the OpenTK and GLFW C# version of the DeltaEngine and the new GhostWars sample game.
Download like always at http://deltaengine.net/download

Note: GitHub pushing was not working for some reason, please use CodePlex for now.

Edited by user Friday, August 23, 2013 9:43:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline internetfreak  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 10:46:28 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Thanks for the release. Lately I'm having trouble with assembly finding, now VS says I don't hav OpenAL installed. I downloaded the source code version and the zip archive, so I should have the assemblies and the EnvVar is also correctly set up, stil it seems to not find everything.
With earlier releases I could just set up a new project and run it without troubling about any missing dll, did you maybe change something?
Anyway, DElta is getting better and as long as the missing dll is the only problem I have, I'm fine with copying it, I just watn to work but still it should be fixed anyway :)

EDIT: Here's the exception message, it doesn't accept manual copying the file:
Code:
{"Ein Teil des Pfades \"..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\packages\\OpenTKWithOpenAL.1.1.1160.61462\\NativeBinaries\\x86\\openal32.dll\" konnte nicht gefunden werden."}

I assume that the path is not really independent but it should be independent and that's the problem.

EDIT 2: If it helps, my projects are stored unter C:\Projekte. This time, because I'm working on a new tutorial, I have also the Directory "DeltaTutorial" where then the folder for the solution is stored

Edited by user Friday, August 23, 2013 10:52:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Offline mc-kay  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:49:19 AM(UTC)
mc-kay

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You're right, when creating a new project using a Visual Studio template and running it a "FailedToCopyNativeOpenALDllFiles" exception is thrown.
This is because the logic the find the native binarys (CopyNativeDlls() in OpenTK20Resolver.cs) is expecting a "packages" directory created by NuGet which obviously not exist when using the installer.
Thanks for the report, looks like we have to find a smarter way to locate this files.

As a workaround, either copy "openal32.dll" and "wrap_oal.dll" from the installer directory to the output directory of your project or add the project the DeltaEngine solution.

Edited by user Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:55:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline internetfreak  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 2:24:41 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Thanks for the answer, Hendrik
If I may suggest that you could probably check if the EnvVar is correctly set up and then try to copy the files from there since the installer/zip contains everything. As fallback you can then try to use the packages folder because if the EnvVar is not set, then we are probably running the source code version of delta.
Anyway, you sure find a way to solve this problem

Offline Jeremy Bates  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:11:37 PM(UTC)
Jeremy Bates

i still cant get the api from the site?
Offline internetfreak  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:20:58 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

It seems that the Editor has some glitches on my tablet. I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro and when I start the Editor, it shows up but then most of it get's black and the controls are displayed again when I'm hovering them. Is it still a problem with OpenGL display on my tab or does the Editor have some glitches? I updated my graphics driver since it had some errors about openGL rendering, now the games are running fine, only the Editor seems to glitch as said