Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mc-kay  
#25 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:43:54 PM(UTC)
mc-kay

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
@Dominik
Here are the games: >click<
I've also attached the source code of our game "Tanfius must die!" which is basically a physic game where you have to throw bricks on a creature passing by from left to the right.
For every run you have 3 trials, when hitting him with the first brick you get 10 points, with the seconds 5 and with the last 1 point.
When you fail to hit him a all you'll loos 10 points.

Note that this project is very hack and does not fellow TDD, so it is not a good example of clean code and Uncle Bob would be very disappointed Laugh

https://mega.co.nz/#!5UBXwSRJ!flxvEj4bZT5b5xumyps6ml-YzhxwAf6MFswKd8D2HsY

Edited by user Sunday, February 10, 2013 12:48:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gathos  
#26 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:08:44 PM(UTC)
Gathos

Hi Benjamin,
I followed the instructions, everything worked fine. Could it be, that jpg images are not rendered?
Offline Benjamin  
#27 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 2:51:31 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
We have used mostly .png and .wav until now, so there might be some issues. Images are actually loaded via the Bitmap class (when using OpenGL), so any file format supported by System.Drawing.Bitmap should work just fine (jpg, png, gif, bmp, tif).

Let us know if you need any more help with the issue. We also are planing to finally release the Content Manager for v0.9.7 in the upcoming weeks.
Offline internetfreak  
#28 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 3:02:12 AM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Sorry for the question, but how do I start the best way? If I only have one Game, I could simply use NuGet and download the necessary files but now I have a project which is a bit bigger than only one project and I don't want to download the assemblies for each project. Earlier, before 0.9.6 was released, I simply referenced the assemblies in the DLLs folder which was contained in the source version of Delta but this folder is currently missing in the source code release. Could you please add it so it's offical? (I could do it by myself but than it's rather inofficial and I also have to do this each time when I update DE, because my settings will be resetted then).

I also need a reliable way to start because I'm writing a tutorial and also want to practice with my readers how to start a project. I guess for this, I could use NuGet but this will either require VS 201x Pro (where x = 0 or 2) or it requires manual steps which I don't want to write or refer to because I prefer the simple way so the best soulution is to provide a set of precompiled binaries to download manually without nuget.

Can you maybe help me because I really want to proceed with all my stuff but I'm probably thinking the wrong way so I can't solve my problem this easy.
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Offline Benjamin  
#29 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 4:03:02 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Actually once you download and use something with nuget in your solution, it will be made available to all other projects as well, so it won't be downloaded over and over again for each project. All files sit in the /packages directory of your solution and if you like you can even directly reference them (but then it won't work when the assembly version changes, so we recommend using nuget to stay up to date).

BTW: Nuget does not require VS2012 pro, it works just fine with Visual Studio 2012 Express, see my video I did for Milestone 2. You can use the command line to grab nuget files, which is also described at http://DeltaEngine.net/Download

We build an installer today and will release it this week with the update we have planed. The installer includes all dll files, probably in the way you expect it.

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 4:03:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: fixed some wording

Offline panky  
#30 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 9:56:28 AM(UTC)
panky

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Game of Death looks quite well, can you share with us the code? I'm interested in how you did you solve the gamestate management, rendering fonts, creating buttons etc.
This engine is quite different than what I've seen so far. :)
@http://blog.deltaengine.net/post/2013/02/10/Pictures-from-the-Game-Jam.aspx
Offline Benjamin  
#31 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 1:39:19 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

You can kind of see it from my videos where I create all the code required ^^

But it is also available with the today release of the v0.9.7.1 update Cool
Offline internetfreak  
#32 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:12:33 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Ok, an installer or a downloadable zip package is fine for me. NuGet is also fine for me. I just want to download all delta assemblies, reference all assemblies I need and I want be able to update this assembly repo without problem so all my projects can use them.
For my tutorials, NuGet is not really an option because as I said, I don't want a complex way like telling my readers that they should install windows 8 or a bunch of other tools to get NuGet working if they have windows 7. For my tutorial, I can only use either a DLLs folder in the source code version (which is the way I still prefer, because I always liked to download the nightly versions) or an installer/zip.

Maybe we will find together a good way so I can at least finish my tutorial because this is more important than my projects which could wait some days longer

Offline Benjamin  
#33 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 4:16:55 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

The installer (or zip file download) works like this:
- All files (dlls, executables) are installed into the target directory you can select, e.g.: c:\code\DeltaEngine_0.9.7.1
- You just reference them either yourself or by using our Visual Studio Templates: http://deltaengine.net/Start/Cs
Offline umityildiz  
#34 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:02:02 PM(UTC)
umityildiz

Originally Posted by: Benjamin Nitschke Go to Quoted Post
The installer (or zip file download) works like this:
- All files (dlls, executables) are installed into the target directory you can select, e.g.: c:\code\DeltaEngine_0.9.7.1
- You just reference them either yourself or by using our Visual Studio Templates: http://deltaengine.net/Start/Cs

When it will be ready?
BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, February 15, 2013 5:27:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline internetfreak  
#35 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:08:13 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

I hope the installer/zip will be ready this weekend, should not be quite difficult :D

Offline Benjamin  
#36 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:04:30 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Soon BigGrin
Offline umityildiz  
#37 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 7:23:03 PM(UTC)
umityildiz

Originally Posted by: Benjamin Nitschke Go to Quoted Post
Soon BigGrin

Ok. We look forward to. Smile
Offline internetfreak  
#38 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 10:02:49 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Very nice. I'm also looking forward to all things which are coming in the next weeks. I'm kind of excited and it's nearly impossible to wait for me :D
One question: In 0.9.5, there was an easy to use XML-Class. In the current release, I could not find it (of course because it is not rewritten yet). The problem is, I want to use XML in one of my projects because it's a simple way to create good files without messing around with binary because I need an editor otherwise when I want to use binary (I mostly use text-based files to quickly edit them with a normal texteditor before I create more complex files which would require an editor)
When can we expect the new XML-class? Should I use the one from 0.9.5 meanwhile until the new class is ready? Maybe you could add it temporarily until the new class is ready so it's kind of official (otherwise I include it in my project until delta has something new prepared)

Offline Benjamin  
#39 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 11:23:46 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Well, this week is mostly about smaller fixes as we have worked on C++ and Java conversion and getting our new team up to speed. Next week you should be expecting lots of additions like Xml, Logging, Networking and everything required to make it work (loading, saving binary data, etc.)
Offline Benjamin  
#40 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 5:21:51 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Milestone 3 Uranus v0.9.7.1 is now released at github, codeplex, nuget and installer and zip packages are available as well.
http://deltaengine.net/Download

Pew, just worked 20h straight, next time the process will be much simpler as we have automated the process quite a lot today.

Differences between the sprint releases are available shortly at
http://deltaengine.net/Milestone/3
Offline umityildiz  
#41 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:11:03 AM(UTC)
umityildiz

Nice news. Cool Thanks. Smile
Offline internetfreak  
#42 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:17:45 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Thanks for the zip/installer :)
Will the content of the zip also get added to the repo someday? I prefer it to update everything at once but I also have no problem if I have to download the zip each time when an update is released

Offline Benjamin  
#43 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:42:12 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Why would you need it? If we would add 5+ MB binary data (dlls, exe files, etc.) every week the repository on github or codeplex will grow to many GB very quickly. There is just no reason for it as you can compile it all yourself and if you really want to download the release without having to compile it yourself, you can do so via the Installer or Zip file downloads.
Offline internetfreak  
#44 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:58:25 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Well as I said, it's fine for me, I just asked :)
The only thing I would want in the repo will be the DLL files like in previous releases, the other things (samples etc) can I compile by myself.
But ok, it's your decision :)
As long as I can use the new stuff, I can live with it :D

Rss Feed  Atom Feed