Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Benjamin  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:21:58 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Since I had to change some features on the server to restart the nightly releases (sorry for all the quiet time, major announcements are coming soon) the change log was not correctly updated.

v0.9.5.21 is now available on Codeplex:
http://deltaengine.codep...eControl/list/changesets

Here are all the features I have been working on lately (full list of features can be found soon on the v0.9.5 page in the wiki), basically WP7 works now, iOS and Android are also improved and lots of other little fixes and improvements were made to make mobile development easy and more useful (we also released plenty of games in the lasts months):
#5060: Automated BuildSystem for WP7 (Basic functionality to make tests and samples work)
#9161: Automated AbMob and OpenFeint support, use Framework Key settings and generate code automatically.
#9355: Add some build options to the Launcher to force some settings: Build Installer, etc.
#9356: Fix Input.Keyboard.HandleInput buffer is not killed when KillAllInput was called (probably need some flag to make sure)
#9360: Fix issue with not releasing game pad or controller buttons when switching screens (via Input.KillAllInput)
#9364: iOS: Add customization to disable arm v7a compiling (faster to build, but slower code and less compact), uses framework keys. Also add a buttons.
#9365: Fix networking issues on the MacOS server, find new drivers.
#9366: MacOS Build server: Update MonoTouch and test faster overclocking settings.
#9367: iOS builds need to be more customizable: Support older devices, allow setting sdk versions, bundle versions, extra parameters, etc.
#9368: Integrate Device Settings into Launcher (makes them far more useful and changes to test different settings can be applied quickly).
#9369: Add extra help button to device settings, also make sure the ? button links to useful help (in Launcher and ContentManager)
#9374: Test XNA Input (GamePad, Keyboard, Mouse, Touch) in preparation for WP7
#9375: Test XNA Multimedia (Sound, Music, Video) in preparation for WP7
#9376: Test XNA Graphics (Geometry, Graphics, Custom and non-custom Shaders) in preparation for WP7
#9379: Allow to load xml from xnb via callbacks in the platform and content modules
#9380: Convert ContentMetaData.xml to xnb for loading it on non windows xna platforms.
#9398: Use lower compression ratio to make xap files work correctly with all tools
#9405: Check Marcels FontManager changes in rev #1436, Optimizations for Mobile Platform Font Scrolling
#9414: Add TripleDES encryption support
#9415: Added the player data, player account and achievement support to the engine from previous game projects
#9417: Install Windows 8 Release Preview and make sure everything in the Delta Engine works there nicely.
#9418: iOS: Test and optimize size reduction with updated code base and newer sdks, old target was <5mb, new target: <3mb.
#9440: Investigate WP7 signing issues
#9445: WP7: Create full csproj file for easier testing and debugging (which is however not working on Windows 8)
#9449: Renew obfuscation license and test new features (maybe compare some competing products as well)
#9463: Test dynamic creation of private or internal classes (content, modules) on WP7
#9464: Check why is vertex data is not compressed (8 bytes) on WP7
#9465: WP7: Why is the Material2D rendering using a Position3DTextured format (20 bytes instead of 16)
#9471: Optimize font rendering for moving text, only update if new text appears or multiple texts with the same font move in different directions (rarely)
#9499: Optimized the TestScrollingManyFonts test to 200 000 fps without swapbuffer and about 10 000 fps with swapbuffer from before under 2000
#9525: Add missing extra Draw overload methods (point, size, etc.) in other Material classes (requested by Internetfreak)

Edited by user Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:22:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline internetfreak  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:34:11 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Ah very nice.
Thank you for the release, I waited so long :D
Sadly, the Launcher won't build. When I select platform settings for wp7, all buttons are grayed out and the platform settings too.
And if I try to build for windows, the launcher even throws an exception and then he's having a internal BSOD (little joke :D. but it's true, the launcher shuts down because an exception is thrown)
Mein Blog: www.internetfreak.net

- Inoffizieller DeltaEngine-Supporter und Tutorialschreiber -
Offline Benjamin  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 5:38:06 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Sorry about the Launcher issues. It has not been updated, I thought it should still work. We tested the Launcher a bit yesterday and could compile and build Android.

WP7 is currently still grayed out for some users because I have disabled it when it was not working. Once I have tested the new service WP7 will be enabled again for all users. If anyone wants to test early, they can contact me.

Since I had some stressful days planing the restart of the Delta Engine and have a full day of preparing the last bunch of planing documents today, I probably won't test and fix all the remaining issues with the Launcher till Monday. Please stay tuned and test Monday again :) Once the Nightly Releases are back in full swing with daily releases and updates things should be a lot more smooth than now when all we do is write concepts, do research and have meetings with investors ^^
Offline internetfreak  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 9:43:06 AM(UTC)
internetfreak

Ok, I can wait.
I only wanted to try the build because I wanted to see and test the wp7 experience :D
It's good after such a long time to see some releases. After a while, everything should be going like before and then it's time to test, fix and improve

Offline Benjamin  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 7:42:14 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Just to keep everyone informed: The Delta Engine is going to be restarted soon and a new team will be hired and lots of great things are planed. I will inform you of the details this months once all decisions have been made. One thing is for certain: We want to provide the best and easiest tools for .NET game developers out there ThumpUp
thanks 1 user thanked Benjamin for this useful post.
Barsack on 7/4/2012(UTC)
Offline internetfreak  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:19:15 PM(UTC)
internetfreak

Nice announcement. I'm really looking forward to the future of DeltaEngine. I'm sure we will get a big surprise when all things are going right as they should.
I hope it doesn't take too much time until the first announcements will be made (even if it's going to take 5 weeks, it's still ok for me, but the sooner the better^^)
Let's make delta engine to a great piece of software with a long future.

Offline Benjamin  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 4:01:12 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Hopefully the waiting is over and the new plan comes to fruition next week Cool
thanks 1 user thanked Benjamin for this useful post.
trekker on 8/2/2012(UTC)
Offline elasto  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 4, 2012 4:16:12 PM(UTC)
elasto

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
:)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed