Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline elasto  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 10:23:23 AM(UTC)
elasto

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I get errors in game and in the content manager trying to play music (although the ogg file gets downloaded ok into Debug/Content and I can play it in VLC (although the metadata length is wrong - VLC reports it is 10 seconds long but plays it for its full 20 seconds))

The game reports this error:

Code:
Program: <snip>
Modules: Graphic=OpenTK, Input=Windows, Audio=OpenTK, Video=Vlc, Physics=
Start Time: 2012-03-19 16:10:42
Platform: Windows, 4 CPU Cores, 32 bit, Windows 7 v7601 Service Pack 1, Resolution: 936, 784, VS: 2, PS: 2
User: Phil (PHIL-LAPTOP)

00.011 Warning: Failed to find content file for 'mainmenu' (Sound), there is no fallback content available for multimedia content. This object will not be played until it is available and loaded (can still happen delayed).

00.041 Warning: Unable to initialize OpenALSound for sound SoundData(Name=mainmenu TimeLength=0 Pitch=1 Volume=1 Pan=0 FailedToLoad=True) because there it failed to load previously!
	at Delta.Multimedia.BaseOpenAL.BaseOpenALSound.LoadNativeData(System.String relativeFilepath)
	at <snip>

00.453 Warning: CreateInstance failed for 'Delta.Multimedia.OpenTK.OpenTKChannel': Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Inner Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
This means the dynamic creation of 'Delta.Multimedia.OpenTK.OpenTKChannel' worked, but the class failed internally and the instance could not be created. There should be a previous error, if not, make sure the project is compiled and up to date and try to debug the constructor of the class to find out more!)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	at Delta.Multimedia.BaseOpenAL.BaseOpenALChannel.Am5oTx8BvlrasG3Ge1(Object )
	at <snip>

Content Manager reports this if I click to play it there:

Code:
Program: Delta.Tools.ContentManager v0.9.4.2
Modules: Graphic=OpenTK, Input=Windows, Audio=OpenTK, Video=, Physics=
Start Time: 2012-03-19 16:14:13
Platform: Windows, 4 CPU Cores, 32 bit, Windows 7 v7601 Service Pack 1, Resolution: 1024, 768, VS: 2, PS: 2

10.010 Warning: Failed to play the music 'mainmenu' because: PlaybackNotPossible=False, FailedToLoad=True, IsMusicEnabled=True
	at Delta.Multimedia.Music.Play()
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.Viewers.MusicViewer.Run()
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.ContentViewer.Run()
	at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.DynamicModule.RunWithChildren()
	at Delta.Engine.Application.Run()
	at Delta.Engine.Application.StartExecutionLoop()
	at Delta.Platforms.Windows.WindowsApplication.StartExecutionLoop()
	at Delta.Engine.Application.Start(Delta.Engine.Dynamic.DynamicModule initialModule)
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.ContentManagerWindow..ctor()
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.App.OhBNWssIWN(System.Object , System.Windows.StartupEventArgs )
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.App.Main()

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline Benjamin  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 2:30:04 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Well it says that it failed to load the content (ogg file probably). Maybe something is broken with music, I will check. I have reported a bug for this.
Offline elasto  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 3:09:10 PM(UTC)
elasto

The original uploaded file is an mp3. It gets downloaded into my solution Debug/Content folder as an ogg file (and VLC can play that ok - though the metadata is wrong as I say).

The game and the Content Manager error with it as reported, though.
Offline Benjamin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:25:29 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
I tried uploading a .mp3 and .ogg file after all the fixes today (reduced 2MB of error logs on the content service per day to just a few lines now, hopefully it will stay that way). The sound and music playback seems to work fine also several failures were fixed and missing content will not longer cause the rest of the content not to update (which was probably the problem in your project).

Please try again (I will update the ContentManager tool today) or write me a PM or Email with the project name and content name so I can test your content file if you like.
Offline elasto  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 4:56:26 PM(UTC)
elasto

Just a quick note to say that as of v0.9.4.15 I'm still getting the same problem. Latest reported error is this:

Code:
00.008 Warning: Failed to find content file for 'mainmenu' (Sound), there is no fallback content available for multimedia content. This object will not be played until it is available and loaded (can still happen delayed).
00.036 Warning: Unable to initialize OpenALSound for sound SoundData(Name=mainmenu TimeLength=0 Pitch=1 Volume=1 Pan=0 FailedToLoad=True) because there it failed to load previously!
	at Delta.Multimedia.BaseOpenAL.BaseOpenALSound.LoadNativeData(System.String relativeFilepath)
	at Delta.Multimedia.Sound.lyp5CFv0WoOpvBOAP8x(System.Object , System.Object )
	at Delta.Multimedia.Sound.Load()
	at Delta.Multimedia.Sound..ctor(System.String contentName)
	at <snip>

00.434 Warning: 	Unable to create OpenAL channel without valid parent sound: Delta.Multimedia.OpenTK.OpenTKSound

And, just to reiterate, it still errors not just in game but also when I click to play it in the Content Manager:

Code:
Program: Delta.Tools.ContentManager v0.9.4.11
Modules: Graphic=OpenTK, Input=Windows, Audio=OpenTK, Video=, Physics=
Start Time: 2012-03-23 22:52:54
Platform: Windows, 4 CPU Cores, 32 bit, Windows 7 v7601 Service Pack 1, Resolution: 1024, 696, VS: 2, PS: 2

01:40.557 Warning: Failed to play the music 'mainmenu' because: PlaybackNotPossible=False, FailedToLoad=True, IsMusicEnabled=True
	at Delta.Multimedia.Music.Play()
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.Viewers.MusicViewer.Run()
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.ContentViewer.Run()
	at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.DynamicModule.RunWithChildren()
	at Delta.Engine.Application.Run()
	at Delta.Engine.Application.StartExecutionLoop()
	at Delta.Platforms.Windows.WindowsApplication.StartExecutionLoop()
	at Delta.Engine.Application.Start(Delta.Engine.Dynamic.DynamicModule initialModule)
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.ContentManagerWindow..ctor()
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.App.GmQ5SVDXgF(System.Object , System.Windows.StartupEventArgs )
	at Delta.Tools.ContentManager.App.Main()

Rss Feed  Atom Feed