Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Novoseltsev  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:25:54 AM(UTC)
Novoseltsev

Whenever I try to compile a Simple2Dsimulation sample I recieve an error logo:

failed to find type 'Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics'!
Unable to generate new EngineTypeList.xml because the 'AllowDevelopmentAssemblyUpdating' feature is disabled in the Settings.xml file. Enable this or fix the EngineTypeList.xml file to point to the correct types and assemblies (preferably via the ContentManager tool).
at Delta.Utilities.Log.Warning(System.String message)
at Delta.Engine.Application.Error(System.String message, System.Object exceptionObject)
at Delta.Engine.Application.W3se0uYDYql60Fpi03(System.Object , System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Application.Error(System.String message)
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.TypeListManager.TiuU2nIdw6gQV3Jva5g(System.Object )

AllowDevelopmentAssemblyUpdating is set to true (I checked it).

Any suggestions, what to do?

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your forum accountregister a new account. Or Connect via Facebook Twitter Google

Offline Benjamin  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 2:41:36 PM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
It seems the settings are loaded from somewhere else you are looking at. Can you confirm that the \bin\Debug\Settings.xml and the \bin\Debug\Content\Settings.xml both have AllowDevelopmentAssemblyUpdating set to true? Usually your debug folder settings should be used, you could verify by deleting Settings.xml and check if it gets regenerated. If that does not help I need to see your project to figure out the issue.
Offline Novoseltsev  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 1:41:35 AM(UTC)
Novoseltsev

Ok. It doesn't work. I'll try to explain step by step what I've done:

1) I downloaded last night release;
2) I had opened a folder \DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D and ran Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.csproj
3) Tried to compile it and it gave me a log with several erros about .dlls that must be unbloked, because they were downloaded from Internet.
4) I unbloked them.
5) Opened Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.csproj again. Deleted comments near Tutorials.Simple2DSimulation(); and compiled it.
6) Recieved next erros in the log:

Program: Simple2DSimulation v0.9.3.8
Modules: Graphic=OpenTK, Input=Windows, Audio=OpenTK, Video=, Physics=Farseer
Start Time: 2012-02-14 01:38:24
Platform: Windows, 2 CPU Cores, 32 bit, Windows 7 v7601 Service Pack 1, Resolution: 1024, 744, VS: 2, PS: 2
User: Саша (САША-ПК)

00.167 Warning: Couldn't safely delete file even with waiting 'D:\Program Files\DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\bin\Debug\Simple2DSimulation.txt' because of: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Program Files\DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\bin\Debug\Simple2DSimulation.txt' because it is being used by another process.
at Delta.Utilities.Helpers.FileHelper.l5cG0Qyu41qctx3BbRg(System.Object )
at Delta.Utilities.Helpers.FileHelper.SafeDelete(System.String filePath)
at Delta.Utilities.Log.ArchiveLogFile()
at Delta.Utilities.Log..ctor()
at Delta.Utilities.Log.get_Instance()
at Delta.Utilities.Log.RyG8cU3p1LKgpJqHGcB()
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.TypeListManager.CqlvBSDqYviqBijXTNK(System.Object )

00.178 Warning: Failed to find any implementation for 'Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics' and the type is not createable itself.
at Delta.Engine.Dynamic.TypeListManager.CqlvBSDqYviqBijXTNK(System.Object )

00.181 Error: The application requires the Physics class but no physics module was found.
at Delta.Engine.Application.M8wPtlI82A8qhENyVP(System.Object )
at Delta.Engine.Application.Error(System.String message, System.Object exceptionObject)
at Delta.Engine.Application.Error(System.String message)
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.H09PdDxcu4tMM8LU8Ix(System.Object )
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.get_Instance()
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.set_Gravity(Delta.Utilities.Datatypes.Vector value)
D:\Program Files\DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\Tutorials.cs(27,4): at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.Tutorials.Simple2DSimulation()
D:\Program Files\DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\Program.cs(50,4): at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.Program.Main()

20.243 Error: Fatal Error: Unhandled exception occurred (Application is terminated, we cannot recover!): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.DgPHwlxxKqLomNHXyv4(Object , Vector gravity)
at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics.set_Gravity(Vector value)
D:\Program Files\DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\Tutorials.cs(27,1): at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.Tutorials.Simple2DSimulation()
D:\Program Files\DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\Program.cs(50,1): at Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.Program.Main()

that's all.
Offline Benjamin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:35:59 AM(UTC)
Benjamin

Medals: Admin

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Hi UKMA,

Thanks for the detailed bug report.

Originally Posted by: UKMA Go to Quoted Post
Ok. It doesn't work. I'll try to explain step by step what I've done:

1) I downloaded last night release;
2) I had opened a folder \DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D and ran Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.csproj
3) Tried to compile it and it gave me a log with several erros about .dlls that must be unbloked, because they were downloaded from Internet.
4) I unbloked them.

This should not happen if you use Mecurial (HG) and pull from the public repository at codeplex. Help can be found here: http://deltaengine.net/Wiki.Setup.ashx

Or if you download and use the installer for the monthly release this also should not happen because the installer takes care of this issue (one of the main reasons I build an installer in the first place).

5) Opened Delta.PhysicsEngines.Tests2D.csproj again. Deleted comments near Tutorials.Simple2DSimulation(); and compiled it.

I am not sure what comments you deleted (just to get a recompile?). Also when testing the Delta Engine itself it might be useful to open the DeltaEngine.sln, which is already setup correctly, otherwise single csproj projects might complain about missing references (did you see yellow icons on top of the references, which are not in your newly created solution?). Whatever it seems to work for you anyway.

6) Recieved next erros in the log:
00.167 Warning: Couldn't safely delete file even with waiting 'D:\Program Files\DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\bin\Debug\Simple2DSimulation.txt' because of: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Program Files\DeltaEngine\PhysicsEngines\Tests2D\bin\Debug\Simple2DSimulation.txt' because it is being used by another process.

This is just a warning that the old log file could not be killed because it was probably still open by another program (most likely a text editor that blocks deleting opened text files or by a previous run). This warning can be ignored.

00.178 Warning: Failed to find any implementation for 'Delta.PhysicsEngines.Physics' and the type is not createable itself.

This is the real problem. After getting content you should also have gotten a physics module in settings, which did not work correctly. Without it any attempt to use physics will fail! From your log I see that your Settings.xml has something set for PhysicsModule (Farseer). You can also fix this problem by adding the physics module Delta.PhysicsEngines.Farseer as a reference to your project (either as a dll or the csproj reference). Since <PhysicsModule>Farseer</PhysicsModule> is set in the Settings.xml this should work out for you.

Most users have reported that starting the project again (if the settings are correct) will fix the problem automatically. I guess you are still having problems with the automatic assembly updating, which does not work for you. My guess is that the Delta Engine base path could not be found (because you have not used the installer or any tool yet?). See here for help about that issue and make sure the engine can find all required assemblies at development time: http://deltaengine.net/W...sualStudioTemplates.ashx

You could also try just downloading the installer and launching the Physics2D Samples and Tutorials after compiling the whole DeltaEngine.sln. Hopefully this works out easier and does not cause so much trouble.

Other links about the same issue: http://forum.deltaengine...icEngines-verwenden.aspx
Rss Feed  Atom Feed